Political Ravings of a Certifiable Card-Carrying Liberaltic

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Letter to Senator McCain

Dear Senator McCain,

I would like to make a deal with you. All that's required on your part is for you to respond directly to this email giving me some acknowledgement that you've read it, and in return, I'll promise to vote for you in the next election. I haven't voted for a Republican since Reagan and I always vote a party line and I always vote, so by taking 5 minutes of your time, you can swing my vote. Granted, that doesn't mean much in Arizona, but it's all I have to bargain with.

My original message was going to be about your endorsement of the honorable Samuel Alito nomination to the Supreme Court. I know your statement just says that we should give him a fair hearing, but my concern is not about his position on gay marriage, or abortion rights, or even gun laws. I worry about him being a card-carrying member of the corporatocracy. In truth, I cannot tell whether you belong to this group either, but you are most definitely an enabler through your support of a party that has been hijacked by such a tiny group with only the interests of their cronies at heart.

With the Democratic party beaten up over the past five years, it would be very easy for you to enlist help from across the aisle to fight a corrupt administration filled with arrogant elitist mobsters by advocating transparency and real conservative values. It appears that no one will break the party line and confront your inept leader or his sycophants no matter how obvious his incompetence becomes. Your ticket to becoming the next President of the United States is standing up to the evils perpetrated by this war criminal cabinet of automatons. How can you let this administration condone torture after what you've been through? How can you honestly say that 2000 American deaths and probably 200,000 Iraqi deaths were worth the sacrifice to bring this facade of a government to Iraq? How can you support the fleecing of our country's wealth and prosperity by the energy, health, pharmaceutical and defense corporations that now run the country through lobbyists and congressional pawns?

It makes me sad that there are so few Americans left willing to fight for real causes in our government. We are rotting from the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

****