Political Ravings of a Certifiable Card-Carrying Liberaltic

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Expand the Military

We need to expand the military so it can fight terrorism "for a long period of time", says the font of wisdom who is currently commander in chief (of only the armed services, not the country!).

Awesome! I know how to do that. Just raise the minimum wage for grunts. If you make the starting pay for enlisted men begin at $150K, you will get a big army ready to do anything you say. If you need a million extra troops it will cost about 150 billion dollars a year. So long as we can finish the job in one year, that's still a lot cheaper than the money we've spent so far in this police action. Hopefully it won't escalate into a war. If we had a war in Iraq, then we might need another million troops. That would be really expensive.

Or maybe we could do what the private sector is doing: Outsource it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bart,
Help end the polarization by rightwingers and UNITE the country.
Visit my blog at http://redstaterusa.blogspot.com
for details.
you can do it!
-red

9:18 PM, December 20, 2006

 
Blogger Yojimbo said...

I believe I am trying to unite the country with intelligent discourse. Maybe conservatives would compromise their ethic by changing positions to get propaganda out there, but I'd have to lie to you to say that I believe that we are in a war. I'd have to lie to you to say that I think that you could force democracy into an occupied country that is being devastated by famine, disease, unsafe living conditions and misery even in the areas without bombing and shooting.

If Iraq ends up coming back out of third world (or worse) status and has a government that is remotely functional (not even necessarily democratic), it will be completely in spite of our presence, not because of it.

I think you (red stater) make a good case for the theory of devolution. That has got to be one of the silliest ideas I have ever heard.

4:23 AM, December 21, 2006

 
Blogger Yojimbo said...

spam deleted here

1:16 PM, December 22, 2006

 
Blogger Yojimbo said...

If anyone would like to discuss issues, feel free to make a comment. It is preferable for it to be grammatically correct, but I understand that some of you may not have the education to speak clearly, concisely and correctly, so I will grade first on content. Readability will just be the last straw.

If you want to disagree, I'm not going to delete your comment because you disagree. I will delete spam that no one wants to read.

{SPAM DELETED HERE}

1:56 PM, January 08, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

****